sábado, 17 de outubro de 2009
Feijoada is a traditional Saturday afternoon meal, served with white rice,
and manioc flour called “farofa”. Sliced oranges are also served with feijoada.
• Black beans – 1 kg
• Bacon—0,250 kg
• Sausage-0,300 kg
• Pork ribs- 0,300 kg
• Sliced oranges- 2
• Onion and garlic – 3
• Vegetable oil- 2 tablespoons
• Salt and hot pepper sauce (optional)
1. Place beans in a large bowl and cover with cool water.
Change the water every 6 hours for 24 hours.
2. Place beans, bacon, sausage and ribs in a large pot and add enough water to cover.
3. Cook for one to two hours.
4. Add fried garlics and onions to beans, and mix well.
5. Taste for salt and adjust as necessary.
6. Serve feijoada with sliced oranges and hot pepper sauce (optional).
It’s very delicious…Enjoy it!!!